Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
This is an interactive training that meets the needs of workers with hands-on activities to identify, evaluate and control hazards and emergency response.
The overall goal of this week-long program are for you to be better able to:
• Recognize hazards that may be present at hazardous waste sites.
• Identify adverse health effects of those hazards.
• Use work practices and protective equipment to reduce hazards.
• Use written Standard Operating Guides (SOGs) to control hazards.
• Identify federal regulations and agencies that protect your health and safety and that of your fellow employees in hazardous waste site work.
• Operations involving hazardous waste at treatment, storage and disposal facilities
This training is followed by on-site training with a supervisor to familiarize you with
site-specific plans, potential exposures and work practices.
Covering chemical hazards, health effects, regulatory requirements and safety to work with:
• Respiratory protective equipment
• Chemical protective clothing
• Information resources
• Monitoring equipment
• Program includes Mock Safety Exercises for a simulation of site work activities.
• Emergency response for hazardous substance releases or substantial threats of releases to coordinate personnel roles, lines of authority, communication, decontamination, evacuation, medical treatment, prevention, recognition, and site security.