In-Person and Zoom Training
Confined Space Awareness Training
This half-day course focuses on permit-required and non-permit required confined space for Construction. The training is required for any persons working around or near permit-required and non-permit required entry confined spaces. It is excellent for experienced and new workers to understand the hazards associated with construction confined spaces, both physical and atmospheric, and preventative measures to control them. This include information on protective, monitoring, and testing equipment, why safety regulations are in place, and the roles and responsibilities of employers, attendants, entrants, and supervisors to prevent injuries and fatalities.
The training covers both Federal OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA, and CAL OSHA Title 8, Article 37, Sections 1550-1562 requirements of creating a safe environment for working around confined spaces. This training is an important part of keeping your company compliant with current OSHA regulations and providing your people with the information and resources needed.
Training Topics Include:
- Identifying Permit Requirements for Confined Spaces
- Use of Air/Gas Monitoring Equipment
- Proper Ventilation of Confined Spaces
- Atmospheric and Engulfment Hazards
- Required Monitoring of Hazards
- Permit Program Procedures
- Duties of Attendant, Entrants, and Supervisor
- Multi-employer Worksite Communication
Attendees will receive a certificate of participation upon successful completion of the course and the written quiz.