In-Person and Zoom Training
Fall Protection Competency Training
Completion of User Training Required
This one-day training program gives employees an opportunity to have a interactive workshop based on preventing and protecting against workplace falls and is consistent with OSHA Fall protection Standard 29CFR1926.500 Subpart M, & ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code. The training involves classroom time, demonstrations, practical exercises, hands-on activities, real-life scenarios, instructor evaluation, and a written exam on how to properly select, inspect, install, assemble, understand, use, and wear personal fall protection equipment. It covers the Fall Protection Competent Person (CP) responsibilities and understanding the need to have site-specific Fall Protection and Rescue Plans that the CP is responsible to implement and enforce, including documented user training and rescue practice.
- Site-specific Fall Protection and Rescue Plans.
- CP Inspection Requirements and Selecting Proper Systems.
- Estimating Free Fall Distances and Total Required Clearance.
- Equipment Cleaning, Dismantling, Maintenance, and Storage.
- Common Hazards Associated with each System and Component.
- Installation of Fall Protection Systems and Component Compatibility.
- Proper inspection, sizing, adjusting, and suspension wearing a full-body harness.
Upon successful completion of the 1-day course and written exam, participants receive a certificate of completion and can be authorized by their employer and designated as a Competent Person in Fall Protection as defined by OSHA 29CFR1926.500 Subpart M. This training is intended for users of fall protection equipment and systems, supervisors, managers, and foreman capable of identifying existing and potential/predictable hazards, and authorized to take prompt corrective actions to eliminate and/or control fall protection hazards at a jobsite. Participants are encourage to bring their own PFAS equipment and must wear appropriate work clothes and personal protective equipment.