In-Person and Zoom Training
Lockout-Tagout Competency for Affected, Authorized, and Others
This half-day training focuses on safely controlling potential hazardous energy when maintaining, servicing, and working on equipment and machinery. It is excellent for both experienced workers as a refresher and new employees in the construction, manufacturing, and mining industries.
LOTO standards establish requirements employers follow when employees are exposed to hazardous energy while servicing and maintaining equipment and machinery.
Here are some key training standards covered:
- Develop, implement, and enforce a written energy control program.
- Use lockout devices for equipment that can be locked out. Tagout devices may be used in lieu of lockout devices only if the tagout provides equal protection to a lockout program.
- Ensure that new or overhauled equipment is capable of being locked out.
- Develop, implement, and enforce an effective tagout program if machines or equipment are not capable of being locked out.
- Develop, document, implement, and enforce energy control procedures.
- Use only lockout/tagout devices authorized for the particular equipment or machinery and ensure that they are durable, standardized, and substantial.
- Ensure that lockout/tagout devices identify the individual users.
- Establish policy to remove another employee lockout/tagout device who can’t remove it.
- Evaluate and Inspect energy control procedures at least annually.
- Provide effective training as mandated for all employees covered by the standard.
- Comply with the additional energy control provisions in OSHA standards when machines or equipment must be tested or repositioned, when outside contractors work at the site, in group lockout situations, and during shift or personnel changes.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own lockout-tagout equipment and will receive a certificate of participation upon successfully completing a written exam and practical evaluation. Attendees must wear appropriate work clothes and PPE for the practical evaluation.